Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Crack-a-lacking

Back to my poor broken TV stand. When we left off it had gone from this:

To this:

To this:

Yes, it got a bit discoloured from the sanding of the putty that I used to fill the holes. Last weekend, I finally went to the fancy craft store (aka dollarama) and bought some white paint. Thank god this TV stand wasn't some fancy shade that I would have to custom match!!

I carefully poured a bit of paint and lightly brushed (being sure to blend it as best as I could into the existing paint).

It didn't take too long and in the end I had this!

Ok, so I am not going to win any awards for furniture restoration, but it is NOT noticeable at all now unless you go in really close. The paint colour is fairly seamless too.

I'm just gonna give myself an gold star for this project :)

Have you been repairing anything recently? Share your stories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover