Monday, November 5, 2012

Anthralin Out, DPCP In

I know, I haven't done an update on my Anthralin Treatment in awhile so I am here to update! Finally!

Anthralin didn't work. I started In July and endured 3 months of spreading cream on my head and having it stain everything and making my head itchy and ugly. Not to mention it took an hour of my evening each day. I had no real changes after all that. So I am happy to be done! Thank the lord I can have clean sheets again!

Now the doctor has me trying a new treatment. I wanted to start this one first, as it is the best option available, but it is only in clinical trials so you have to wait for a spot to open up. I thought I would have to wait until next summer, but luckily they opened up some new spots!

So here is my new treatment. I have to go to the hospital once a week and have them put this stuff on my scalp. My skin with probably turn red and itch again, but at least this time it won't stain! The big downside is that I can only go during the scheduled clinical trials and they are almost always during working hours! Some weeks they have one before work on Monday's but otherwise I have to leave work early on Thursdays to get to the hospital in time. Therefore I had to clear it with work which is just lovely. I have no idea what people would do if they worked in a large organization. How would you get the time off?

But it is all good! I just did my first treatment (no reaction yet, they increase the dosage each week until I get the "right" allergic reaction) and I continue doing this for the next 6 months of my life. Yikes. The chances of it working too are pretty slim. But basically once this ends (for better or worse) I will be done treatments.

So that is my update! Sorry I don't have any fun DIY posts or anything but I was away all weekend!! I will for sure get to some projects this week. Or just slack off like usual. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover