Friday, March 28, 2014

The Sunshine Award

I know sometimes blogger awards are silly, but it is Friday and I feel like talking about myself because I am narcissistic. Hahaha. Just kidding (maybe)! But Jennie at The Canadian Housewife nominated me for the Sunshine Award and I figured it would be fun to share some things about myself!



The Sunshine Award is given to blogger who brightens your day (aw thanks Jennie!) and you answer 10 questions that the nominator gave you, then you pass on the love by nominating 10 others and asking them 10 new questions!

Without further ado, here are the questions Jennie posed to me:

1. What is your favourite colour?
Blue! No, yell----Ohhhhhh!!!!
Haha just kidding. It is most often turquoise. Although sometimes it is pink. Other times yellow. Depends on my mood.

2. What country are you from and what country are you currently living in?
Southern Ontario, born and raised. In Canada is where I spend most of my days.

3. What is the #1 destination on your bucket list?
I'd love to spend a few months in New Zealand and Australia. My mom and stepdad did a trip like that about 7 or 8 years ago and I've been jealous ever since!

4. Favourite movie?
Basically anything Disney. Or Harry Potter. Or Lord of the Rings. But if I am watching TV, I always stop for Grease.

5. Most embarrassing moment?
Hmm...I can't really think of any. I have a terrible memory and poor listening skills so sometimes that can suck when I forget someone's name or something. I don't get embarrassed too easily- I am fairly good at laughing at myself!

6. Least favourite actor and why?
I'm not sure I have one! But I hate potty humor, so if you make fart jokes in a movie I don't like you.

7. Food that you couldn't live without?
It used to be potatoes, but I haven't had potatoes in a long time so maybe not. I guess candy? Is candy a food? Or Coke Zero.

8. What is your worst habit?
I interrupt people. It is horrible!!!

9. What time do you normally go to bed?
Usually I climb in around 10-10:30pm and read for 20 minutes. On weekends I go to about 12:00pm. I have gotten super lame in my old age.

10. Why did you start blogging?
It seemed like a fun hobby, but the community of it really reeled me in and now I can't imagine stopping!

Now for who I nominate...that is hard because I kind of love everyone. But I will pass on the award to

Lindsay at Happy or Hungry (she is in Cuba right now... I am jealous)
Alex at Let Life be Like Music
Melanie at Mailbox Journey
Single.Simple.Studio (have you ever told me your name?? hahah)
Michelle at Sweet Suite 10
Thalita at The Learner Observer
Jeanette at This Dusty House
Danica at Country Chic Renovator
Shanondoah at Twenty-Something in Toronto
Emily-Jane at Not a House, But a Home

If you guys don't want to write a post, that is a-ok with me! But I do demand you leave your answers to my questions in the comments. Or I will never forgive you :). And if you aren't on my nominated list, please feel free to chime in too! Because I love everyone.

1. Cheeseburger or hot dog?
2. What is the best vacation you ever took and why?
3. Do you work outside of blogging and if so, why do you do (don't need specifics, I ain't looking to stalk you)?
4. What is your opinion on socks?
5. Do you like Pina Coladas? Getting caught in the rain?
6. Have you ever tried something way out of your comfort zone? How did it go?
7. Favourite restaurant? What do you usually order?
8. Are you a dog person or a cat person? (or an iguana person?)
9. What are you craving right at this moment?
10. How many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man?



7 comments:

  1. I LOVE These!!! No time to write a post today so I'm going to share my answers here !

    1. Cheeseburger or hot dog? Cheeseburger!!! (minus the bun, though..damn gluten problems)
    2. What is the best vacation you ever took and why? I went to South America for school for three weeks which wasn't supposed to be a vacation but sort of turned out to be one. We visited Paraguay and Brazil(mainly Iguazu Falls and Itapu Dam - Simply amazing and beautiful)
    3. Do you work outside of blogging and if so, why do you do (don't need specifics, I ain't looking to stalk you)? Yes, I have one of those real jobs working in telecommunications
    4. What is your opinion on socks? I actually like socks! I can't wear my slippers in the house without socks on....oh I sort of have a feet phobia. I really dislike looking at other ppl's feet
    5. Do you like Pina Coladas? Getting caught in the rain? I dislike Pina coladas and I dislike getting caught in the rain
    6. Have you ever tried something way out of your comfort zone? How did it go? - Ummmm moving to the country!! AND i'm still there so i guess it's going pretty good.
    7. Favourite restaurant? What do you usually order?
    8. Are you a dog person or a cat person? (or an iguana person?) Neither really but I prefer dogs over cats - i actually hate cats they creep me out - one time i was attacked by a cat, it ripped my lower leg open. true story
    9. What are you craving right at this moment? Marshmallow Dream Bar from Starbucks
    10. How many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man? UGH?? Branko survived ran from a War with his family and survived a severe leg burn in is 20's...i guess he's walked some pretty tough roads...

    Thanks Casey for joining me in on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHIT - I missed the fav. restaurant question! - I like Milestone's for the Bellini's

      Delete
    2. Those Bellinis are good! Whats this story about Branko??
      Also, Ive been bitten by dogs twice and only cats once. I think it depends on the animal individually if it is evil

      Delete
  2. Thanks for participating! I agree that sometimes these blogger awards get annoying but I figured once a year participation is always kind of fun. Thanks for answering all my questions! And you are not boring in your old age when it comes to bed times, we are in bed WAY before you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha my name is Katie! I have some time so I'll post something today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just posted my answers! http://singlesimplestudio.blogspot.com/2014/03/sunshine-award-thanks-waffling-blog.html

      Delete
  4. I'm just a reader, but I feel like sharing, too!

    1. Cheeseburger or hot dog? It completely depends on the day. I'm from Chicago, so I'm a little biased about hot dogs (no ketchup!!), but I enjoy both equally, if somewhat rarely.
    2. What is the best vacation you ever took and why? I went camping in SW Ontario a few years ago, before they got stricter about passports. I need to get one so I can visit Toronto!
    3. Do you work outside of blogging and if so, why do you do? My blog is teeny-tiny, so yes, I work at a hotel :)
    4. What is your opinion on socks? Ugh, socks. I only wear them when I have to!
    5. Do you like Pina Coladas? Getting caught in the rain? Not so much on either account! (I do like singing along with "oldies", though!)
    6. Have you ever tried something way out of your comfort zone? How did it go? I went to Texas to volunteer for a church event: I had never stayed away from home for so long, I didn't know a soul, I had never checked into a hotel before; I hadn't even hailed a cab before! The trip was great and very, very worth it!
    7. Favourite restaurant? What do you usually order? Currently Jalisco Tacos; I order the lengua tacos with onion and cilantro.
    8. Are you a dog person or a cat person? (or an iguana person?) I like all animals! I have dogs, cats, birds, and fish (and I've had turtles - sadly no iguanas!)
    9. What are you craving right at this moment? Water. I need to dash away to go grab some.
    10. How many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man? I think it depends on the man. Some men never "grow up", and some are "old" well before adulthood.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover