Friday, June 20, 2014

Pizza Burrito

It is no secret that I love food. And five times a week I need to feed myself lunch at the office! There is not much in terms of takeout near my office, so I try and get creative with what I can make in the office. We are lucky enough to have to a microwave, a toaster oven, and a Big Boss Grill and my boss pays for any food items we want to eat. It is awesome!

The other day I really wanted pizza, but there are no pizza options anywhere near my office- even if I was up for a walk! I have always been a big fan of pita pizzas so I decided to wander to Shopper's Drug Mart to see if they had the ingredients. Unfortunately they had everything but the pitas...however I did find 6" tortillas. And thus the pizza burrito was born.


Making one is fairly simple. Assemble ingredients on a baking pan. I happened to top this one off with some smoked sausage that we had in the fridge.

Bake in oven or toaster oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.


I try to dab off some of the oil as I hate when it drips out all over your fingers. Let your pizza cool for 5 minutes, then fold in the sides to make your burrito. If you hold it closed for a minute the sauce and cheese will bind it. I've never tried folding it before cooking- I don't know how I would keep it closed?


There is a hole in the bottom of this one because my tortilla was a bit stale and less nimble than usual.

The final step is to eat your pizza burrito and high five yourself on your awesome lunch choice-making. And for the record, a pizza burrito is only about 250 calories!

1 comment:

  1. I love a good pita pizza, interesting and delicious looking take :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover