Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

My mom was having a pool party this past weekend and she asked if I could bring a dessert for after dinner. I usually get asked to make dessert because it is easy to transport baked goods and because I love to bake! So I hopped on my Pinterest desserts board to figure out what I wanted to make. Turns out half of the stuff in there is cake-flavoured this and that...so something cake flavoured was on the menu!

I ended up copying the recipe for Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Sally's Baking Addiction. I simply love making cookies :). I actually really enjoyed her recipe, because she gives tons of tips for getting a good, soft cookie- like refrigerating the batter and rolling them into little towers instead of balls. Awesomesauce. The only trick I knew for baking is that you never melt your butter or you will get flat cookies.

I knocked these out on Thursday night and they were super easy to make, even if they did take a little long because I had to let the dough cool! I followed her directions to a T, and I ended up with 40 perfect cookies. Thank you Sally!


The only thing I would say about these cookies- and this is going to be shocking so hold onto your hats- is that I am not sure they even need the chocolate chips. GASP. The cookie itself is really good, and then with the semi-sweet chips and the white chocolate chips...there is just a lot of competition for flavour going on in every bite.


That being said, they are still super yummy. A competition for "best flavour" going on in your mouth is hardly a bad reputation for a cookie to have! Plus, after 2 days, these cookies are still melt in your mouth soft. I think I need to work this dough-cooling stage into all my cookies recipes.

Have you ever made cake-flavoured anything? It is really trendy right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover