Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Why I am a Bad Blogger

I don't have much to write about...life has been busy lately and the condo is in shambles. But I do want to make an announcement of sorts: I am moving this blog to fully lifestyle, with just a smattering of home decor. I LOVE home decor and home decor blogs, but I think it puts too much pressure on me and I don't want to make choices on condo things based on the short-term, ya know? Why spend my hard earned money and time on something I don't love so that the 26 people who read this blog can breeze by the photos? And then I submit the post to a billion link ups and websites in the hopes I get featured and get a few more followers so one day some company will offer me canned peaches to review (I'm looking at you- Happy or Hungry)? Ain't worth my time. This blog is my fun space. I don't want it to feel forced.



There are many reasons why I will never be a "successful" blogger:
1. I go to bed at 10pm, maaaybe 11-12pm on weekends if I'm feeling fancy/ I have had 5 Coke Zeros and gotten into the candy stash, so if it ain't done by then, it ain't happening
2. I suck at taking photos...like, even taking them at all. I go to things and don't take photos
3. I look bad in selfies. My face goes derpy in them. So you never see me on here. But 90% of the time I am in my housecoat with no make up and it is a scary thing, so you're welcome on the lack of selfies.
4. I can't post 5 days a week because I am le tired after work and evening activities (Like working out! and drinking! :D)
5. Canada has no natural light for 6 months of the year. And then the other 6 months of the year we are so grateful for sun that we don't want to be indoors. I can't fight mother nature



SO! This blog is going to be my space to write about stuff when I feel like/when my life is semi-interesting. And I don't know how often I will post, but I am going to try and keep up my Casey Gets Fit series on Mondays because it keeps me accountable to my diet and work outs. And of course, I will continue to share condo things as they develop. Like I think I need a new oven. Yaaaaay.....

Oh, and I am planning on moving to wordpress and getting self hosted and redesigning a bit, but who knows when that will happen (see #4 above). I debating changing the name, but frankly Waffling pretty much fits my indecisive nature when it comes to life, as well as home decor so I think it'll stay. All the good names are taken! And I can only think of good names when they are completely unrelated to my blog. Like FixerSupper.com for a food blog. You're welcome, unnamed food blogger!

Have a Whimsical Wednesday everyone!


14 comments:

  1. Dude you need to register FixerSupper.com and sell that badboy for big money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeahhh, lifestyle blogger! I am so similar, there isn't just one subject I want to talk about. And I will never be a successful blogger either, because of those same reasons! It's okay. There are more important things in life. Write what you want, I will still be reading! And if you're lucky maybe someone will offer you free peaches one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the dream, Lindsey. If the peach people contact you again, you send them my way

      Delete
  3. Dude. I'm in the same boat! I go to bed at 10pm. Work a very busy regular job 9-5 and have a dog. I get out of the house as much as possible. My fiance is a walking mess disaster (leaves TRAILS of stuff everywhere he goes), my bedroom is dark (worst pictures) and with the cat and dog - there is fur EVERYWHEREEEEEE........Optical illusions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg yes my bedroom is a cave because the windows face another condo so the blinds are always shut

      Delete
  4. I think we need to start a "why I will never be a successful blogger club" that way we can all feel the same together! Great honest post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will join your club!! Maybe we can band together and between all of us create a blog that posts semi-frrequently

      Delete
    2. I want in on the 'why I will never be a successful blogger club' too!!

      Delete
  5. I feel the same way! I do still enjoy blogging about my house, but I don't really give a rat's backside about posting 5-7 times a week. Also, I'd rather save up and spend a bit more money on something that is exactly what Robert & I want and that will last. I don't want to buy a bunch of cheap IKEA stuff that will be trash in five years just so that a bunch of fresh out of college kids can relate to it. So if all of that means I lose the 3 or so followers I have? So be it.

    Pluuuuus, I recently deleted most of my blog on accident while trying to update to the latest version of Wordpress. I think it was a blessing in disguise, because now I'm just using internet archives to salvage the projects that I like the most or that were the most popular, and the super-personal ones I will save just for me.

    Having said all that, I am currently waffling (see what I did there?) over a blog name change. So if you can think of anything you think works for me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could think of a blog name for you, then Id have one for me!

      Sucks about your blog...I hope you can salvage some stuff!!

      And yes i agree about the Ikea/quality. A lot of blogs seems to be really cheap stuff people DIY/salvage and the rest are high end, blow $500 a week on decor crap....very few people in between (mostly because we dont have the patience for A and the budget for B, so not enough material to blog about!)

      Delete
  6. I love your blog - no matter how often you blog! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a firm believer that blogs are more enjoyable, and more successful when the blogger is doing it for pure joy. I have personally never been a fan of blogs that are so concerned with being popular. Yes, part of it is about creating a community but whats the point if you don't like what you're doing?! Keep doin' what you like doing is what I say! I'm terrible at posting consistently, so sometimes when I get in the mood to blog I'll just write a bunch of posts then schedule them in advanced. I love the name waffling and thing there is a lot you can do with it, and can make it work for the rebrand! It's amazing what a fresh logo/design can do. But for real... Canadian lighting and photos.. #TheStruggleIsReal

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally feeling this post. It basically sums up all that I have been thinking lately. I used to be all awesome and post 5 time and week and it was great for that time in my life. Now, now I'm trying not to stress about it and just post when I want to. A lot of people have also told me that they prefer it when I post real stuff that I enjoy in place of a bunch of random posts just to fill space. So do what you gotta do!

    And I totally relate to the light issue here in Canada. No light, no ambition and sucky pictures. Light and way too busy enjoying it to be bothered with blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover