Friday, May 29, 2015

5 Things Friday

I hope everyone is excited for the weekend!! It has been such a nice week, but apparently will be cold on Sunday. Sigh #Canada.

Onto my 5 things for this week!

1. My Gladiolus is Growing!


Cam got a gladiolus bulb for teacher appreciation day and I planted it in this old flower pot of mine using dollar store soil (amazing place to buy dirt if you only need a small bag- FYI!). I really didn't know if it would grow because I have a bit of a black thumb but after two weeks it actually sprouted! It is actually even bigger now than when I took this photo a few days ago.

Fun Fact- up until I looked up how to plant this thing, I thought these were called gladiolas. I feel like my whole life is a lie now...

2, I Got a New Bathroom Faucet!


I love my Delta Trinsic faucet in the kitchen, so when the bathroom faucet started leaking, I was more than happy to shell out some dough for the bathroom Trinsic model to replace it. I didn't really realize it when I ordered it, but it is really the exact mini replica of my kitchen faucet (minus the pull-out sprayer). Can a faucet be cute? Because this one makes me go "aww". I even ordered the matching towel bar, towel ring, and toilet paper holder. I feel so adult with my matching bathroom set. Now I just need to install everything. That should be fun. 

3. I am Going to See Princess Pop this Weekend with my Niece


My Niece is 3.5 years old now and I have been waiting all these years to be able to take her out on fun auntie & Maddy adventures and finally she is old enough! I saw an ad for this play in Toronto with all the Disney princesses in it and I knew she would love it. Plus, after the show we get to MEET THE PRINCESSES!!!! I am actually a pretty big Disney fan so I feel like this will be fun for both of us.

4. I Painted My Bedroom- Sneak Peek For You!


There will be a full reveal on the blog- next week hopefully if lighting cooperates- but I painted my bedroom finally! I did half the room on Tuesday night and the other half on Wednesday night! I love how it turned out!! The colour looks super different under various lighting too, so hopefully I can get a somewhat true representation with my good camera (this was iphone). It is kind of a light bluey-green colour, leaning more towards the blue side of things. It looks almost white in natural, bright sunshine, but quite turquoisey under lamp-light.

5. I HAVE A NEW NIECE!!


I saved the best for last! My best friend Steph had a sweet little baby girl on Wednesday and I am soooo excited to go and meet her soon. I won't go into Steph's private life, but this baby was a long time coming and a total miracle and I actually teared up with joy when she arrived safely. I can't wait to one day take her to meet the Disney princesses too :). Being an auntie is awesome.

PS- how is it June on Monday? I swear May just started...

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover