Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bathroom Sneak Peek and Artwork Ideas!

Guess what I did on Sunday?






I feel like these pictures do not do the colour justice. It is just gooooorgeous in person. But I need to fix some spots so I just took some quick photos to share!! Once I finish 'er up I will take some nicer shots.

Note- there is such a thing as paintable caulk. The caulk around my sink is NOT paintable. When I took off the painter's tape ALL the paint peeled right up. So ya...working on that before I show off real "finished" photos- but I had to share!

In the meantime, I wanted to share some thoughts on art! I want to get some real art in here, vs the old Winners are I had. Except I can't afford real art, so I am thinking a nice Etsy print or two is in order (one beside the sink for sure, maybe one in front of the toilet).

A blogger featured a store called The Wheatfield last week. Can't for the life of me remember who it was- but thank you! I love her prints and found three that I could see in my space:




The flower print is just lovely, the great lakes is fun because my paint colour is named after a lake, and the sugar skull is just kind of awesome. I brought back a ceramic sugar skull from Mexico City last fall and I still love it! Sugar skulls are going to be the new owl, right?

Another fun option is this city skyline from artPause

Or how about this llama blowing bubbles for some whimsical awesomeness from WaterinmyPaint (check out that link for some amazing funny prints!)

Hmm, I think I could look at prints on Etsy all day. Do you have any artists that you would like to share?

17 comments:

  1. Loving the new colour! And I hate how pictures rarely do a room justice. Oh well.

    As for the real art, I think you're pretty daring. I usually stick to cheap Winners art so that if it gets ruined, I don't feel bad. But maybe that's just me and my paranoia about steamy humid bathrooms. I like the great lakes one, if we're voting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking at $20 prints, which I will frame behind glass. Should be fine in a bathroom!

      Delete
  2. Katie Daisy (thewheatfield) is amazing! I have quite a few of her prints at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really?? Maybe you were the blog that lead me to her?

      Delete
  3. The color looks great! I also love the Great Lakes one but the skull is awesome too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lalalalala-love it! I vote for the GreatLakes print. It's awesome. I may just pick one up for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour too! The shower curtain looks dowdy now though (just saying...)
    Love all the prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yikes I know! It was Megan's from waaaaay back when and she gave it to me when Gin and I moved in together in....Jan 2009? haha need updating for sure

      Delete
  6. Oooh - I love the colour! I love the great lakes art - it think it would look awesome in the room.
    If you're looking for suggestions I kinda like this one - http://www.etsy.com/listing/159165752/wall-art-geometric-triangle-modern-art?ref=af_you_favitem it's hard to tell from your photo's, but maybe the yellow would work with your vanity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow would work, but I think I want something closer to a water colour- I like fluidity in this space (i sound crazy, I know) hahaha

      Delete
  7. I've been wanting to paint my kids room pretty much the same colour as your bathroom, but was worried it might be an awful mistake... But I think it looks really rich and luxe in your small space, even without any natural light to "help." so youve pretty much convinced me to throw caution to the wind and go buy some awesome tealy-blue paint. Loving The great lakes print! Love the colours used. I think the skyline could be a fun contrast too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! There is ZERO natural light in my bathroom and I love how it turned out!

      Delete
  8. That blue is so vibrant! It looks like one of the doors in the Para Paints booth at BlogPodium!

    xo Sara

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover