Thursday, August 30, 2012

Planned Cleaning

I have always read posts where people have chores that they do every day, or perhaps they are those people who take the time to leave a room as they entered it. I am not one of those people. I am a slob! I leave clothes on the floor and dishes in the sink and I am not ashamed!

However, recently my place has been pretty darn clean and the reason is something I never even considered before- a timer!


See, every night around 9:00-9:30pm, I put on my Anthralin Treatment and it has to sit for 30 minutes (and that increases each week!). I always set the timer on my oven when I do this. Well recently, I began cleaning during that time. I am not sure why, but for some reason setting that timer encourages me to do something productive until the beep sounds. Maybe it is because I resent the treatment taking up such a chunk of my evening?

Anyway, the timer method has been working great. I keep doing the dishes, folding the clothes, vacuuming the floors and other crazy productive things.

So tell me- do you ever set a timer for cleaning? How do you stay on top of household chores?

4 comments:

  1. I do!

    When my husband has playtime with our son I set a timer for 15 minutes and try to clean as much as I can in that time.

    I'm usually getting rid of junk mail that has accumulated on our counter, putting away clean dishes, washing dishes, or folding clothes.

    Before bed I take 2 minutes to tackle the worst of it- our mail!

    On the weekends I do the same, but spread out the house chores throughout the day in 10 minute increments. Because I've been "cleaning" all week, the weekend work is pretty easy.

    I like using a timer because I don't get burned out but still feel like I accomplished something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had a baby, my place would probably never be clean!

      Delete
  2. That's a really good idea. I just started using a chore chart and it's working so far! It guilt trips me every time I go to the fridge... I wrote about it on my blog a couple days ago actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Chan! I think chore charts are great if you are sharing duties with family, too. I just dont get guilty when I see one. hahahah

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover