Friday, July 26, 2013

Chips Ahoy!

No, this post is not about delicious chocolate chip cookies (do they still make Chips Ahoy?); It is about more paint chips! I swear, after this I am buying some darn primer and test pots so that I can finally make a decision on colour.

I ended up being near a Benjamin Moore yesterday, so I popped in to pick up some coral and teal paint chips. I swear I took enough to wallpaper the entire bathroom. I felt like yelling out "I really am buying paint! Not just stealing chips!". Anywho, I probably had about 10 of each. Much better selection of coral and teal than Canadian Tire carried.


Anyway, I am really glad I got so many because I have definitely learned my bathroom light is a tricksy little minx that makes teal turn evil forest green and coral turn into peaches gone wild. I did my best to colour balance these to the truth...but I think I failed.

Here are the losers:

And the winners:

And you know what? I think I still like Lake Simcoe and Cabana Coral the best (though I may chicken out and get a less dark teal). I think the next thing to do is to just go ahead and buy some darn paint and throw it up in a bunch of places and see what looks good.

I rounded up some inspiration photos for you- are you Team Teal or in the Coral Corral?
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source

Source
Source
Source
Source

7 comments:

  1. I'm team teal for sure! I really can't stand the coral. Although if you like it, I think the only way to use it would be similar to the first inspiration photo where it is only used on one wall and you get the fun of picking out a grey colour to use on the other walls.... haha have fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote team TEAL! I don't like the coral either - it looks....old fashioned or something. Teal is IN. xo Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want cookies.

    I'm also on team teal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I know I'm the one who suggested coral to begin with but ya, I am not feeling it.

    Teal!! I'll come help you paint...for pizza :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please. Choose teal. Coral may look good in a photo of a room you look at once or twice, but IRL....every day?

    TEAL.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover