Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Half Marathon Training: Week 4

Total Miles This Week: 19.75
Total Miles Overall: 69.75 Miles

Workouts Completed:
Tuesday: 4.75 Miles (4 miles steady- 9:56 avg pace, with faster intervals for last 0.75 miles- I don't have the pace, but it was sprinting for 20 seconds and running slow for 2 minutes times 4)
Thursday: 5.5 Miles (1 mile slow, 3 miles fast-9:35 avg pace, 1 mile slow)
Saturday: 1.5 Miles (slow)
Sunday: 8 Miles (steady)

I actually completed my last three runs at the cottage this week! Service was basically non-existent up there so I couldn't use the GPS to track my pace. I went with the assumption that I was running 10 minute miles and just timed myself and tried to follow the intervals set out in my schedule.




The cottage was on a gravel road that was surrounded by trees and dotted with views of the lake and ponds. My run on Thursday was tough, but fine as the morning was cool. I think I got up around 7am to get it done. Saturday I slept in and the road was SO buggy by the time I got out there. I was supposed to do 4 miles but had to give up because the deer flies were eating me ALIVE. Bug spray was useless. It was horrible. And then it rained the rest of the day until the sun went down (the road gets logging trucks and obviously there are no lights, so no way am I running at night). 

Sunday thankfully dawned very foggy and I got out around 6:45 to get my run in before the bugs (I rightfully assumed they wouldn't like fog). They came out a bit on my way back, but weren't nearly as bad at Saturday. Oh, and as for running in the fog, there was pretty good visibility on the road and there are no logging trucks on Sundays :). I wore neon pink shorts just to be safe. 



I really enjoyed running at the cottage for the fresh air, cooler temps, and beautiful scenery, but I think I will enjoy being back in bug-free Toronto for the rest of my training! My arms were super sore from swatting while I ran. Full body workout for sure. 

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover