Friday, September 11, 2015

Fundraising for the Terry Fox Run 2015

Next weekend I will be doing my 6th Terry Fox Run at Wilket Creek in support of cancer research with the Terry Fox Foundation. I look forward to this run all year...mostly because of the free food. So much free food. But I also love the trail there and spending my morning supporting a good cause! I believe in the past 6 years my friend and I have raised almost $7000!

If you don't know who Terry Fox is, he is a young man who lost a leg to cancer and decided to run across Canada to raise money for cancer research. Unfortunately, half way through his run the cancer came back and he passed away before getting to finish it. His one dream is that others finish the run for him- and we have been for 35 years!! I was actually lucky enough to meet Terry Fox's Dad at last year's run!

This year, I am training for a half marathon (have I mentioned that here? ha!), so I am actually going to be running TO Wilket Creek and then completing the 10km Terry Fox Run, for a cumulative distance of 22-23km.

The Terry Fox Run is actually where my hobby of running developed, when I ran 5km of it in 2010. I said I was going to run the full 10K in 2011, but never trained. Then I tried to run 5km again in 2012 thinking it would be as easy as it was in 2010, but it was SO hard and the worst run ever. After that, I decided to actually try to improve my running skills and signed up for the 2013 SportingLife 10K...and now the rest is history :)

My first 5K!
Anyway, I would love it if you would take a couple minutes today and donate to my run! I am hoping to raise $1000 for the Terry Fox Foundation this year!



Here is the link: https://secure.terryfox.ca/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?registrationID=2828873&langPref=en-CA#&panel1-1

Thank you!!


1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover