Monday, January 25, 2016

Marathon Training Week 2

Total kilometers run: 71km
This week: 38.8km

This week's runs:
Tuesday: 7.7km easy with sprints at end (6:23 min/km avg pace)
Friday: 8.4km intervals (6:14 min/km avg pace)
Saturday: 6.5km easy (6:38 min/km avg pace)
Sunday: 16.2km steady (6:37 min/km avg pace)

I think marathon training is easier for me since I have no children or really any responsibilities after I get home at 5pm. However, plans do come up and I need to shift my running accordingly. This week I had dinner with a friend on Wednesday and I went to the Leafs game on Thursday! Hence why I did 3 runs this weekend! My only real hope is to not run at all on Mondays as Sundays are my long run days and these old legs need some rest. 

The week continued to be cold, but no precipitation and not too windy, which was nice. I know the U.S. is being bombarded with a bad snowstorm, but thankfully a cold front up here kept that south of Toronto and meant Saturday was very bright and sunny...and very cold! And on Sunday is was overcast and slightly warmer (if you can call -3C warm). I plan on doing a post on my winter running outfits soon!




I really didn't feel like running on Sunday, but I knew with 100% certainty I would feel even less like running on Monday after work, so I got off my lazy butt and knocked out 16.2km. This is why I need to have a race on the horizon. I am naturally lazy at heart.

PS- I read so many blogs about running and they all take so many pictures on their runs! I spend most of my run running...I'm not going to stop and take a picture because it would be so much harder to start going again. And even if I take a walking break I still keep moving. And now I wear gloves, which are touch screen compatible, but my camera hates them. Sooo...not many photos to share of my adventures. Maybe I will try to take more? Or I'll just start filling my posts with cat gifs. 

PPS- you know when you see those runners happily jogging along, looking at peace with the world and they get their photos taken and they are ridiculously photogenic? That's not me. I look like death and concentration mixed into a giant vat of exhaustion. Perhaps that is why I don't take running selfies. It is also why I save a lot of money not buying race photos

Exhibit A:

I am really interested to see how tired I am going to look in my full marathon photos... should be entertaining :). 

6 comments:

  1. i've been reading your blog for a long time, and i just wanted to say i'm okay without run pics :) your posts are more like a conversation with a friend, and make marathon training seem like an approachable goal. (even though i straight up know i would die.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha good! sometimes I feel like there is a line between blogging about things I do, and doing things in order to blog. I dont enjoy things when I feel I am crossing that line

      Delete
  2. Way to go! I could never keep up with that schedule, I thought I was doing good with a 1km walk twice a day with my puppy! But even that's been traded in for going to the dog park instead, where I just stand around instead of walking haha. Maybe once the weather is warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heheh - I cannot for the life of me figure out how some people look so fab in race photos - are they staged? They must be staged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for marathon training. I love working out, but I don't think I'm a marathoner. Yes to not taking pics during a run. It's for running duh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never figured out how people take photos during their run since I, like you, am usually running on my run, not stopping for pictures. Also, I never look good in running pictures and hate those who do.

    P.S. I am super impressed that you are training for a marathon!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover