Friday, June 22, 2012

My Tips: How to knot thread

It is the summer and I honestly don't feel like being inside and working on projects. Nope- I need to find me a patio and enjoy the sunshine. So I decided that on Fridays I will just share a quick tip on all sorts of household things that people tend to struggle with.

I might not always have the best solution, but it is what works for me!!

Today I thought I would go through how to get a knot at the end of your thread. When you are doing any sort of hand-sewing project, it is hard enough to master threading a needle- but then you have to tie a knot in the end of the thread- and it needs to be big enough to not pass through your fabric!

Here is a quick and easy tip on that, courtesy of my Grandma.

1. Wrap the thread around your index finger so that the strings cross and hold it taunt

2. Using your thumb, roll the thread off your finger so that the thread gets all twisty


3. Hold the knot between your thumb and index finger and pull it down along the thread (hold the long loose end with your other hand)


4. Go get manicure when you realize how bad your nails look up close.

Ta-da! Quick and easy knot that will be large enough to hold its place! Now come join me for some beers and sunshine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover