Thursday, May 1, 2014

Wine Tasting Hosted by The Sweet Escape/ Blogger Joggers Invite

When I first started blogging I never stopped to realize the social aspect of it. I've talked about this before, but I love the community of the blogging world and all the amazing people I have met online and in person. After going to BlogPodium last fall (and I am going again this year!) I made the leap from online friends to IRL friends...and that is pretty cool! I have gone to a few blogger meet ups since then and I really feel like I am getting to know some of these women beyond their twitter personalities, which is awesome.

Last Sunday I went to a wine tasting at Melissa's loft from The Sweet Escape. Union Wines generously donated the wine and Linda Modern Thai prepared the food to pair it with! It was pretty fun learning all about wine from Union's co-owner and sommelier Andrew. But it was also fun catching up with the people I have met before and being introduced to new people! There were about 15 local bloggers, which was a great size for mingling.

I'm sorry my photos aren't that great- just brought my phone!




And speaking of blogger meet ups- I have spoken to a couple Toronto bloggers and there has been some interest in starting a blogger running group- which I have named the Blogger Joggers. It will be totally low-key and beginner level but I would love to arrange a run later this month (I heard a rumor that we are already in May, but the weather says otherwise, so we shall see). Maybe 3-5km? If you are interested, please let me know!! If you are not a runner, don't worry- this is for fun! There will be mucho walking breaks. Maybe a patio at the end? Or cupcakes.


8 comments:

  1. If I ran I would totally join. But I do not run. It's best for everyone I do not run. It would just make other people laugh until they forget they were running, and then they'd go right into traffic. A glorious death I'm sure, but one that could be avoided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so fun (wine and running). Wish I was local!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in Blogger Joggers :) I'm sad I didn't go to the meetup on Sunday! I was originally supposed to be cottaging so I didn't think I could go, and then when that got cancelled I forgot about it. Ah well, next time next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I mentioned when we talked, I'm not sure about this jogging but patio/cupcakes could convince me.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I not know about BlogPodium before? I will definitely be going in September. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, I'm totally in for the blogger joggers (but only if there are cupcakes!)

    Sad I couldn't come to Melissa's event - it looked like so much fun via social media!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a fun event! I think wine tasting is a perfect venue for intellectuals and bloggers alike to socialize and talk about the aroma of quality wines. Can you share more about how the wine tasting event went? What wines were featured? I think that’s a fantastic way to inject variety to your meet ups!

    Randy Steinberg @ Colonial Spirits Delivers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Who would've thought that a simple wine tasting event will help welcome you in a new community? In any case, looks like the it went well. Did you, by any chance, find a new bottle you liked? Also, I think the Blogger Joggers group is a great way to stay fit with your fellow bloggers. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that, Casey! All the best to you! :)

    Irvin Moss @ The Brewmeister

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover