Monday, February 22, 2016

Marathon Training: Week 6

Total kilometers run: 226.4km
This week: 25.1km

This week's runs:
Tuesday: 8km easy with sprints at end (6:45 min/km avg pace)
Thursday: 10km tempo (6:19 min/km avg pace)
Saturday: 7.1km easy (6:44 min/km avg pace)
Sunday: MISSED!

I missed my first training run this week and I am actually super bummed about not following the program perfectly, but it was only 13km and I had a good reason.

I FELL.

It's inevitable. All runners eventually fall on a run. I fell 7km into my 8km easy run on Saturday. I have no idea what I tripped over but I fell down on the paved sidewalk HARD. I actually lay there for a minute stunned over what had just happened and in so much pain! I hit my right knee and my right shoulder pretty bad. I thankfully just seem to have superficial cuts and scrapes, but they hurt a lot and I figured I should just take Sunday off since my knee doesn't care much for bending while the skin heals.

Anyway, it sucks but I am just glad that I didn't actually injure any muscles or bones! And by some miracle I didn't tear my pants and shirt, which protected me from the brunt of the pavement. I am just taking a few days off to let the skin heal up a bit and then I will be back out there!!





6 comments:

  1. Oh no! I did the same thing walking in Montreal, just tripped over the curbed that was higher than I expected. I didn't cut myself too badly but definitely bruised my leg and wrist. I also just sat on the sidewalk for several minutes while Shaun asked me if I wanted to get up and I said no, I was in so much pain. I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I remember your knee! That was a pretty nasty scrape

      Delete
  2. You need to get yourself some fun bandaids with characters on them or something - those plain ones don't seem vary Casey-like to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sobeys only had these ones! I couldn't limp to a fancier store!

      Delete
  3. Oh no! Take care!! xo Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I missed this post but OMG! That looks so painful! Glad to hear it was just scrapes. Hopefully that Cuban sun fixed that right up for ya. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover