Monday, September 19, 2016

Edgewalk!

I feel like I have so much to talk about with engagement and wedding shenanigans, but first let's talk about Edgewalk! For the 30th birthday I wanted to get a bunch of my girls together to do Edgewalk at the CN Tower- it is an outdoor walk 1,168ft up in the air- not even a handrail in sight!! Unfortunately I am friends with a bunch of chickens, so it just ended up being me, my Mom, my friend Erika, and Lindsey from Happy or Hungry! cam actually got me a giftcard for it for my birthday, but it just took until September to find a date that worked for all 4 of us.
Myself, Mom, Erika, Lindsey

It was so much fun! You get ready on the ground floor and there is VERY thorough security to make sure nothing unsafe is brought up and anything that can fall is removed or secured. Then you suit up in lovely red jumpsuits and uncomfortable harnesses and ride a private elevator all the way up!

Our team! Ready to go!

Then before you know it, you are doubly secured to the track and you just walk on out! They made me go first :|. I was super nervous at first and the first "activity" was standing on the very edge with your toes hanging over- eeeek!! But after that I really got comfortable and enjoyed the other tasks, like leaning back and leaning forward over the edge! It was also fun to point out landmarks in the city- like my condo! I live practically next to the CN Tower!






I totally thought I would be terrified and feeling the adrenaline, but I felt pretty cool out there! You learn to trust your equipment and your guide. It was a great 25 minute walk and then we were back inside!

All in all, a very cool experience and a great morning with my mom and friends!! I totally recommend it to anyone coming through town!




3 comments:

  1. Way to go, you brave girl! I could never do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pass! Glad YOU enjoyed it though! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still undecided on whether or not I'd be able to do this. I'm a big chicken too!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover