Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bathroom Inspiration

Remember those bathroom reno plans I started talking about back in August? Ya, well I didn't forget. I did go to look a tiles one day, but I have yet to buy one stinking thing for this bathroom. I don't have a car! I can't just pop out to home depot to see what they have in stock! It is frustrating and overwhelming to not be able to get started. Without making any decisions, I can't fully plan this shindig out!

On the other hand, these constant delays have provided me ample time to Pinterest and ogle other bathrooms. I feel like I am finally narrowing the look I want, and I thought I would share with you where I kinda am now.

Inspirations:

Recent bathroom makeover by Rambling Renovators

Guest bathroom by Freckles Chick

Ok, so here is what I am loving here
- White tile in the shower. I really like the long subway tiles and I am considering them. This Dusty House has this style as well so I think it is gaining popularity? Or maybe it was already popular and no one told me
- Glass accent tile in shower. Yes! I love some accent tile! But I would place mine more at eye level so I can stare at it :)
- Dark floors. I am loving the faux wood plank look in Freckles Chick's bathroom. However if I do long subway tiles I probably wont do that. Too much long tile
- Grey vanity. Why didn't I think of this before? I was so stuck on the options being wood or white that I didn't think of my other favourite neutral- grey!

So imagine the top photo, with the floor colour on the bottom and a higher accent tile. And a tub.

That is what I am loving on right now. But I really need to get to some stores, see things in person, price things out, etc etc. Who wants to drive me??

2 comments:

  1. I'll totally drive you!

    Thanks so very much for featuring our guest bath as an inspiration! I agree, staring at pretty accent tile in the shower is my idea of a good time so we did the same thing in this bathroom, HA!

    Jennifer's sister's bathroom is absolutely gorgeous, love that vanity color especially.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? But she told me it was custom so I cannot steal it!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover