Friday, October 19, 2012

Curtain Call!

Remember a little while ago (*ahem* July) I asked for opinions on removing the curtain as a divider between the bedroom and the living room? I simply love getting opinions on the blog, but in this case I listened but then got busy and didn't do anything about it. Oops. Well I finally got around to seeing for myself whether or not I prefer the room sans- curtain. Let me know your opinion on THIS!

Before:



After:

Sorry for the awkward before and after. Basically it is now the season of no natural light so I used an old before picture. And then I had to use flash in the new photo so my floors are fantastically neon. haha! Also, ignore the curtain hooks still in the ceiling :P

Anyway, even though I will appreciate your opinion, I will end the suspense here- I LOVE IT. Maybe it doesn't convey in the photo, but the place looks so much bigger without the curtain. However now I feel my bed is all "hello there! I am a bed in the living room!" so it needs something.

Ideas? Footboard maybe or something?

6 comments:

  1. I'm thinking getting one of those room divider stand things but have the material something see-through, or at least light permeates. It'll look more structural and solid, but still let the air in.

    Like this!

    http://rentfluff.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/how-to-use-room-dividers.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about putting a bookcase at the foot of your bed? Added storage, plus a visual break from the livingroom to bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a good suggestion, but I dont really need more storage and would just add bulk

      Delete
  3. I like it better with the curtain. I dont really have any other suggestions though ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its kind of hard to tell in photos, but before the curtain hung a foot in front of the bed, like to the edge of the wall there. Now that it's gone its like my living grew a foot.

      I moved the coffee table/ottoman to that new space because the end of the bed isnt attractive. haha

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover