Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cooking with Casey: Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip, Macadamia Nut Cookies

The poor condo is such a pigsty. I swear a tornado came through here, but I know it is just a mix of unpacking and long hours at work. So I have no projects to show today because I am embarrassed to pull out a camera and even take the smallest photo.

Therefore I am sharing my most favouritest cookie recipe today! This one was invented by my stepfather's mother. She had 13 children, so you know this recipe makes a giant load of cookies. Plus you can also tell they didn't care much for health food back then because each cookie will probably kill you...with deliciousness! Well she didn't put chocolate chips and macadamia nuts in them either, so I am probably the more unheathy one. haha, but why not load a cookie with everything you love to make a super cookie?

This is not my photo, but they look a lot like this when done (but no nuts in this photo!)

Source


It will yield about a billion cookies (I wasn't kidding) so you can always halve the recipe.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup margarine or butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla 
  • Chocolate chips (as many as you like!)
  • Chopped macadamia nuts 
I know some people are all about mixing liquids and dry goods separately, but I never bother. Just go ahead and dump it all in a giant bowl. It gets super thick and sticky so I usually will scrub my hands and mix it all by hand too. 

Preheat oven to 350F. Once heated, spoon cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet and press down with a fork. Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges start to brown. I find the first batch takes longer and then it gets faster, so check on them every 5 minutes or so. 

Also, if you are planning to halve the recipe, the easiest way to halve an egg is to crack it into a measuring cup and mix it up. Then pour half out! That is my useful tip for the day. haha

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I have copied and printed it and will make them! YUM! Next family get-together - look out! xo Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom and Lee know how they taste so they WILL judge you :)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover