Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cooking with Casey: Lentil and Shrimp Casserole

While I am in Mexico City working on my Spanish and tequila drinking skills, I thought I would have a little fun and post some of my favourite recipes! I am a terrible cook, but I have a few-go things that I love to make for dinner.

Today we are going to do a recipe I call Lentil and Shrimp Casserole.

Ingredients
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Cooked shrimp (as much as you like! I use a ton. mmm)
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 can (540 ml) of lentil soup
- 3/4 cup of parboiled rice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup water

Tools needed
- Frying pan and spatula
- Oven safe dish
- Tin foil

Step 1:
Heat oven to 400F and coat a 2L baking dish with cooking spray

Step 2:
Heat oil in frying pan and add shrimp and onion. Cook until the onions begin to brown/turn clear and the shrimp tightens.Enjoy the delicious smells

Step 3:
Add the spinach and cook until it shrivels. It will seem like a lot when you first put it on, but it shrinks considerably as you cook so don't be stingy!


Step 4:
Transfer the shrimp/onion/spinach to the greased baking dish. Add rice, soup, and water. Season to taste! Mix it up


Step 5:
Cover dish tightly with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes. If you like, you can pull it out 5 minutes early and add cheese, but it is delish on it's own!

Step 6:
Remove, serve, and eat! I think it is supposed to serve four, but it is so yummy it will probably only offer 2-3 servings ;). I like to make it for dinner and then eat the leftovers for lunch all week at work!


Livestrong.com tells me this dish is divided into three servings it is only 346 calories a serving?!?!

Best. dinner. ever

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover