Thursday, February 7, 2013

Custom Photo Albums!

I recently cleaned out my old closet at my mother's house and ended up taking home a bunch of old photos. I also had a bunch of photos at the condo- all of which were in a giant box. Not really the best photo storage technique! When I was at Value Village on the weekend I found some great photo albums for only $4 each (they store SO many photos). Only problem? They were UGLY!



And you know what I like to do when something is ugly- recover it!


First thing you have to do is roughly size your photo album on your fabric (I chose 3 fabrics that I happened to have on hand). Then cut it out and iron it!



Once you have that down, go around the edges with your glue gun and fold it in as neatly and tightly as possible (I had no problems closing the books, even thought I glued my fabric on pretty tight).


Because I had very little room near where the photo pages were (they were not removeable), I had to cut out a little notch and glue it down as best as I could.


And then I was done! A pretty new album for my photos!


I then repeated two more times with different fabric to make three unique new photo albums!



Now all I have to do is actually go through my photos and put them in here in as best chronological order as I can manage. But for now I just get to enjoy my pretty new albums on the shelf!

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I have a brown photo album sitting in a shelf in my living room. This is a fantastic way to add color to the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty easy too! I just wish I had had 3 more coordinating fabrics on hand. the rainbow chevron is a tad different :P

      Delete
  2. Love it! I have a lot of ugly photo albums. Lol~ Thanks for the post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks so easy! I am so going to be doing this to some of my ugly photo albums. I have a huge bookshelf that is a bit of an eyesore (the items on it, not the bookshelf) and I haven't been able to think of ways to make it look better. Covering the ugly photo albusm would be a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely Casey!! I need to step up my photo organization game and I think this might be the motivation I needed. When in doubt bring the fabric out, great motto!

    Thanks for linking up!!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous project, I'm totally stealing, errr, I mean borrowing this idea! It's hard to find pretty photo albums. Thanks for the inspiration!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover