Friday, February 8, 2013

Winners is for Winners!

This week I made a trip to Winners to see if I could get a new container for my dish soap in the kitchen, because the Dawn bottle wasn't exactly killing it in the looks division. I got one (yay!) and I got some other cute stuff so I thought I would share.


I got this great soap dispenser made by Umbra for about $9. I love that it has a little spot for the scrubber thingy because I think it is important to declutter my counter top. However I do think I now have to shop for prettier soap colours from now on. Not sure neon green is my thing :P



I also got this great new organizer for my lenses! Actually, I am pretty sure this is a jewellery organizer but the size was perfect for lenses. It was kind of pricy at $10, but I like the pattern and it was exactly what I needed. I am one of those people that needs proper place to put things or they never get put away. I used to store my lenses in a drawer in the table, but I actually switch them up often so I prefer having them handy like this! The last spot in it is for my new flash, but I was using it ON the camera when I took this

Side note- anyone have any flash tips? I have already learned to point it at the ceiling to spread the light out, but it created a lot of shadows with the shelf area.


I also got some amazing new wrapping paper!! I loooove these two! The green one also came in turquoise, but I have a lot of blue/turquoise paper so I got green. These were $4 each, but my friend told me she went to Winners and got wrapping paper the other day for only $2! So check it out- their selection is amazeballs!


Lastly, I got some flowers for my new vase!!! I picked up from African Violets from the Loblaws below the Winners (there is a Joe Fresh clothing store below the Loblaws too- it is the best building ever!). These were $4 and I have hopes I can keep them alive for at least a couple of weeks because apparently they do okay in partial shade. I hope so!

So that was my mini shopping spree this week! Did you get anything new for your place this week? What about awesome new wrapping paper??

4 comments:

  1. Shadow is very tricky indoors, especially with artificial light. Try sticking a white sock over your flash. This helps diffuse the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try standing the flash away from the camera and use the camera flash fill. Pops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, I totally want your soap dish!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover