Wednesday, February 12, 2014

New Throw Pillows!

A couple of months ago, I sewed some simple pillow covers for my friend as a housewarming gift and I tried them on my bed throw pillows for size...and I kind of liked them! I instagramed them here if you want to see (follow me while you are there!!).

When I had ordered the fabric for them from Tonic Living (Pippa, Mermaid) I ordered two yards in the hopes that I could use some of that pretty fabric for me :). Well I finally got around to making my pillow covers!


I didn't have enough fabric to completely cover both pillows, so I used some rainbow chevron pattern that I had in my fabric supplies. It goes with any bright colours!


As for the before...I used to have grey pillows with a leaf design on them. They actually came with my couch! I didn't mind them per se, but I really liked the turquoise fabric when I tried my friend's pillows on for size. Plus, the old fabric was stiff and scratchy and not very good for cuddling up against. The new stuff is soft and cuddly.

Before:

I really like how the new pillows pull in the tuquoise element that I have scattered around the condo. Plus, the tiny bit of orange in them really reads easily as a coral and I have used coral as an accent colour in a few places (including my sheets!), so the pattern is just perfect. I only wish I had been a bit more careful and lined up my patterns more so they matched, but I left these to the last minute and kind of rushed to get them done before some plans I had. I won't even show you the hack job I did at sewing them shut :) #bloggersecrets


They have so far been an awesome addition to my giant collection of pillows on this bed. What? A person needs all these pillows in order to make the ultimate curl-up-and-read-a-book spot! There is nothing like jumping into this at the end of the day! And yes, this is how it looks every night before bed and then I remake the bed nicely in the morning :)


PS- How awesome is it that the days are getting longer?? I was actually able to take photos with natural light after getting home from work!!

6 comments:

  1. These pillows are great!! I love that you have a contrasting pattern on the back... very fun :) And it goes very well with the turquoise in the ottoman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I love the material, and I am so impressed with your sweet sewing skills!
    Perhaps you should host a blogging sewing party and teach me your ways! I'll bring the snacks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not sure I am much of a teacher, but I am intrigued by this offer of snacks... We really should hang out sometime!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover