Friday, February 7, 2014

Olympics, Running, and Other Things

It's Friday!! And it is also the start of the Olympics, which is also know as "those magical two weeks when there is always something on TV"


I have to miss the opening ceremonies because not only am I at work, I am in a meeting all morning. So I shall hopefully watch it later in the evening! What are your favourite events? I love the ones that are over fast...I can't stand the stress of a long event. GO CANADA!!!

As for my own athletics, I have been running quite regularly, but I can't say I have been rocking my own workouts. I have been feeling quite sluggish and 5K is really testing me some days. Still a lot of time until my 10K in May so I am not worried. I did run 36 miles in January, but I am already up to 12 this month, so hopefully February will be better! I have started seeing a chiropractor too in the hopes of improving my posture and therefore improving my running form. I can't wait to get outside again (too snowy/dark/cold right now) and get some real mileage in! Though, I will miss the TV by the treadmill. Nothing distracts me from a tough workout like a good crime show. I just really want to get my groove back, though.


In other news, I am looking forward to winter ending! Am I alone in this? I swear I was not made for cold weather. I need to gather up my family, friends, and job and convince them all to move down south with me. But in the meantime, I have a short trip to Florida coming up in a couple weeks and then a trip to MEXICOOOO. Hopefully by the time I get back spring will have sprung. There is nothing like anticipation of a trip to help alleviate those winter blues. That and vitamin D. I started taking some this winter and I feel like my mood has been very good!

What are your go-to tips for getting through these last painful weeks of winter?


1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover