Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lazy Winter Days

In the summer I was so gung-ho about getting projects done and working on the condo. But now it is cold and evil out and honestly all I want to do all evening is sit here:


Maybe with a cup of cocoa, but I am trying to cut back on the junk food before the Christmas (AKA chocolate heaven) hits. So it is more like a cup of Coke Zero, but I am still quite happy to be here! And yes, I totally put the fireplace channel on for that shot. And yes, I still suck at using my camera and editing my photos. haha! But I have started taking some weekend courses on Lightroom and hopefully this area will improve leaps and bounds!!

One of the main reasons I want to be sitting on my couch (though maybe not watching the fireplace channel) is that I am knitting again! What is it about cold weather that makes me want to weave yarn into intricate patterns and get hand cramps?

I am currently working on my very first patterned scarf! I have always been afraid of pattern because I don't know how to fix it if I do the wrong stitch. So far I have managed to not screw it up, but I bet I just jinxed myself on THAT point.

This is two evenings worth of work (ok, not a lot of work cause my hands get sore)

It is coming along though! I am a terribly slow knitter (and my purls are even slower) but hopefully I will get better with practice!!

What are you doing on these cold winter days?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with lazy winter days. We've been spending a lot of time curled up on the couch by the fire. And I've started a knitting project too!

    Good for you for trying a pattern. I find them so rewardings.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover