Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Adding Some Storage in the Front Hall

As you know, I recently purchased myself a pretty new bike, and therefore the storage situation in the front hall has gotten a little more troublesome. I did have a little hook for my spare keys and my Ipod shuffle, but there was no place to store my new bike helmet! It was blocking my shadow box art and needed to find its own home.

Please note I was playing with shutter speed and my tripod on these photos! So some might be a little off because I am still learning how to photograph in very low light conditions.


I was on the lookout for a good product for adding some stylish hooks out in this corner, but everything I was found was the wrong look or too pricy. However one day I was in the dollar store and came across this bad boy for $3.


The tub art? Not my thing. But I liked the curly hooks at the bottom. I thought maybe I could cover the tub with fabric or paint but I couldn't make up my mind. Then two weeks after buying it, I flipped it over and realized I could just unscrew the hook section from the top section and just use the hooks! Yay! And then by absolute chance, the length of the hooks matched the lengths of the existing art in the front hall! Double yay!

So I just marked out my screw holes....

And attached! Bada-Boom, Bada-Bing, 5 minutes project!

I hung it back up in the front hall and loved it! I did have to take down the second piece of art, but that is ok! It will go into storage until I own a home with more walls :)


 


You may notice that I took down the old key holder on the side wall- I moved them to the new hooks in order to keep things simpler and more streamlined! I can't wait to start getting out and biking soon!! (I am sticking to my running training until after my 10K in a few weeks, but then I want to switch to some bike rides!). By the way, I moved my bike to the indoor racks in the parking garage of my building and clearly the one there had been sitting all winter and they were COVERED in dirt (I guess from car exhaust?). So gross. I need to remember to cover my bike at the end of the season so it doesn't get like that. Because how do you wash a bike in a condo???

11 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! I am not a bathtub art person either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice rack! hehehe... if you need to wash your bike, you can bring it to one of those coin hand-wash car-washes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but how would I get it to the carwash? I mean, these bikes were literally under an inch of dirt

      Delete
  4. I love your creativity and how you used what you had! Because I'm with you, the bathtub art just isn't my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would you believe they had a section of bathtub art to chose from??

      Delete
    2. Haha! A whole secton of bathtub art? Wow, I didn't know it was in such high demand. :P

      Delete
  5. Very cute! Glad you didn't go with the bathtub art! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Casey.

    Condos usually have an indoor area for residents to wash their cars. You may want to look for it or ask at the front desk.

    Pops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my doubts on that one, but its worth a check

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover