Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

I don't have a cohesive blog post today. Just a bunch of random things going on :)

1. I bought a bike lock!
It is still raining, so I haven't gone to pick up my new bike from Canadian Tire. I did, however, go to a bike store on my way home and pick up a Kryptonite Keeper lock. I had heard Kryponite was the bees-knees for affordable, but tough, bike locks. Toronto kind of has a problem with bike thefts (I don't know if it is better or worse than other cities, just I hear a lot of stories) so I wanted a good lock. Canadian Tire doesn't sell this brand, however, so I decided to pick it up before getting my bike. I also picked up a red/pink coloured bell!



2. I got a bike parking spot!
Even cheaper than my new lock and bell is my new bike parking spot. My condo building starting offering an indoor area to lock up your bikes and it is only $30 a year so I was happy to find out they still had spots available when I went to inquire. I hope to have it all in order before getting the bike, but if not at least I have a good lock for keeping it outside

3. Blisters
As I mentioned on Monday, my DCP treatment caused my thumb to break out in blisters.

It was almost a week ago, but they still haven't healed completely (I kept it bandaged). I have no idea what the blisters on the back of my head look like, but they definitely feel a bit rough still. I called the clinic and they said not to come in this week and let it heal a few more days. Then next week they will decrease my dosage to prevent a repeat. So now I'm not supposed to leave early from work on Thursday. Should I mention it at work? Nah..... ;)

4. Waffles, Omelettes, and Toasties....Oh My!
I bought a Big Boss Grill from a Dealfind for the office. My boss wants my coworker and I to eat better lunches, but our options were limited with just a microwave so I bought this grill! It is a griddle, grill, omelette maker, waffle iron, sandwich maker, and donut maker. So far this week I have eaten an omelette, waffles, and a pressed sandwich. Each was more heavenly than the last and I don't think I can ever go back to my Easy Mac cups from Shopper's.


5. Rain, rain, go away
In addition to not being able to pick up my bike from the store, this rain is seriously depressing me in these "warmer" days. I bought a running rain jacket with a birthday gift card to Winner's, but I really don't want to run in the rain. So I have been back in the gym on the treadmill. I am happy to report that I think I have gotten my running mojo back after a bad week last week (even if it is on the treadmill). Also, in rain-talk, I need to buy some rainboots. My current boots are poorly made and have different sized leg holes and one is too tight to fit my leg with skinny jeans on. This is what happens when you buy the cheapest boots you can find...

6. Bathroom update
I still haven't ordered the vanity top for my bathroom sink. I blame the rain. Who wants to TTC to the middle of nowhere in Toronto to find a Home Depot and order a vanity top? Not me. Plus I am terrified of giving the wrong measurements. Sigh

Is it Friday yet??

10 comments:

  1. That sucks that your blisters haven't healed up yet, hopefully They mend up soon (because blisters are annoying).

    All this talk about your fancy pants griddle/iron thingy make me want to make paninis and grilled everything (isn't it grilled cheese month?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. every month is grilled cheese month, in my opinion

      Delete
  2. I told my co-worker that your boss bought you a lunch making extravaganza machine and she agreed that that's effing awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. technically, I havent told my boss about the grill yet. hahahaha

      Delete
  3. I want the rain to go away too. But I'd rather the rain over snow. :(

    Good job on getting your running mojo back! I'm terrified to run in the rain but have yet to encounter that problem. The rain stopped just for my run last night which made me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i debated going out last night, but it still looked like it could start pouring so I stuck to the treadmill

      Delete
  4. Running in the rain can be lots of fun - I actually prefer it, sometimes! But not this rain. The rain over the last couple of days has been a bit over-the-top. If it's just a nice steady rain, that's ok, but a downpour is less pleasant. :P Also, it's gotten kind of cold! So forget that!!!

    But once it warms up there's nothing nicer than a summer run in the rain...ahhhhh. ;)

    Also, I love that multi-purpose grill. I guess the dealfind is over, probably, but how much was it? Would be neat to have something like that here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it came to $47 with shipping and everything? quite reasonable since we were considering just buying a toaster for $30 and for just a bit more we got tons of options

      Delete
  5. I may need a Big Boss Grill in my life. Does it take up a lot of space?

    and YAY for the return of running mojo =) I'm convinced mine will never return. But I think I may be OK with that LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grill sint very big. maybe a square foot? But there is a rack for all the grill pieces too. Overall, not very big!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover