Monday, March 18, 2013

A Weekend in the Country and New Sheets!

I spent the weekend at my friend's parents house just over the border in Quebec. The goal was getting the bridemaids dresses sorted out for her wedding this summer. I was so much fun but a lot of driving. We rented a car and drove 5 hours out to their house and got there pretty late at night. We woke up early Saturday morning and picked up the bridesmaids and drove 2 hours to the dress store in Carleton Place, followed by lunch, then 2 hours back to her house by 4pm! I then took a nap (clearly) and we drove out again for over an hour to get dinner back in Carleton Place. Then Sunday Jeni and I drove the 5 hours back out to Toronto. It was probably 17 hours of driving in one weekend and I am beat.

We did have a lot of fun though! Lots of drinks and laughs with old and new friends (all new to me!). I always enjoy being in the country and breathing the fresh air and actually seeing STARS at night. Makes Toronto seem so uninspiring. I don't think the country is for me full time (too dang cold and too much driving!). But it sure is nice to get out of town now and again! I can't wait to get back out there this summer and find me a bonfire and some marshmallows.

In condo news, I finally bought new sheets! Huzzah! If you follow me on Twitter you would know that I have been looking for coral sheets for awhile and I finally found some at Winners and I loooove them. They bring such a fun dash of pinky goodness to the condo. The colour in these photos may read a little more pink than coral but I took them at night and had some trouble correcting the colour.



See how the pillows tie into the new throw pillow? Perfection :). The weird thing was the pillow cases were HUGE- like king pillow size. Which is strange because these were double sized sheets so why would a double bed have king bed sized pillows? That is just craziness. But I tucked the ends in and everyone is happy! haha

Really funny part, though, was that as I was unpacking I realized I own a dress that would camouflage perfectly with these sheets.
 It is nice to know my new sheets will complement my skin tone like this dress did!

4 comments:

  1. Super cute sheets! I love coral--so much a spring/summer color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you find something that ties in perfectly to your color scheme! Satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover