Friday, March 22, 2013

DCP Update!

I always feel like I do these updates a lot, but then I go back into my blog history and the last one is over two months ago?! Man, how time does fly!

Well this week I finally hit my goal I set when I wasn't really responded to treatment- I reached maximum dosage! Go me and my scalp of steel ;). I asked the nurse what happens now that I have reached the highest dosage and she said that we remain here and when I go for my follow-up appointment with my dermatologist I get her opinion on where to go from here. She mentioned doing some sort of combo treatment? I have no idea. My appointment is in a month so I will see what happens when I go I guess.

In good news, it seems I am finally starting to respond to treatment. While I haven't had the itching and blistering that comes with this treatment (ew, thank God), I DO seem to be having improvement in my hair growth. I am by no means growing hair like a normal person, but some of my peach fuzz has grown a bit long and I have noticed a couple spots that are darker like normal hair. I honestly think my scalp needed this high dosage before it planned on doing anything! The doctor has mentioned that the hair in the back is definitely getting longer, but I can't see or really feel it so for all I know she is making it up.

In my honest opinion, my hair is not going to grow back. I have been doing treatment for almost 5 months and I have what I will call "glorified peach fuzz". I can't even photograph it to show you. But I will keep going and then discuss with my doctor!!

And then hopefully the weather will warm up so I can take my bald head out to the lake!! Sorry, it is just so cold out and I keep fantasizing about summer.



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you reached your goal dosage wise but I'm sorry to hear that the results aren't as good as you had hoped. I look forward to your next update after your appointment with your doctor.

    I can't wait for summer either! I keep thinking of all the fabulous things I'll be able to do, like not have to put on 12 layers just to go outside.

    And on a random note, is that a boat you're sitting in? It looks a little bit like a bathtub. :P

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover