Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring has Sprung!

Spring has sprung,
the grass is green,
I wonder where,
the flowers been?

Ok, maybe that poem is supposed to be about birdies, but this post is about flowers! I am sticking to my spring/summer goal of buying flowers weekly. Or at least, whenever my current flowers die (hint- that ends up being weekly). Check out my new beauties!!

Ermahgerd! Flurers!




Now that the sun is finally getting off it's lazy butt and warming up Toronto, I decided to start my flower-buying plan! I picked these Cyclamens up from the cheap fruit stand near work on Monday for only $3! This is why I don't care if I kill em fast. haha. According to my internet research, the flowers will fade and the whole thing will dry out and effectively die off in April and if I take care of it, it will come back in September. Ya. We shall see. I only paid $3 for it, so I am not sure if I want to hang out with a half dead plant all summer. :P

And I know, I should really just buy cacti. But to be honest, I live in fear that I will also kill the cactus and live forever in shame.

Have you ever cared for Cyclamens? Wanna take bets on when it will die?

2 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love the colours.

    Oh, and for the record, I killed 6 cactus plants. They were so cute and colourful and fabulous until they turned brown and started to rot. I don't know what I did wrong. :( But, I still have 5 other house plants I have managed to keep alive for almost 2 years, so I'm not a completel failure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm, maybe they were overwatered?? I want to try succulents, since ive heard they are hardy, but i havent found any in a price im willing to pay :P

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover