Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Headboard Ideas

As part of freshening up my bedroom area, I want to narrow down the choice of headboard I would like! The problem is not that nothing seems right, but that I love everything I see!

My bedroom now:


FYI- did you know the length of a double bed is the same as the width of a king bed? That means if you are putting a headboard along the side, like me, you can look at King-sized options if you don't want to DIY! Just remember that you need to attach the headboard somehow!

Here are some options I am considering:

Upholstered:
Via

Via

Via

Wooden:
Via
FYI- I am aware of how gorgeous this raw wood headboard is. I even got a quote for me- out of the budget I am afraid but I will keep it in mind for a forever-house!

Via

Via
Door-As-Headboard
Door tend to be 78"-80" tall, and since a double bed is 76" long, they are actually a practical option for me!

Via

Via

Via
Painted On:

Via

Via

Via
Obviously there are also other choices like metal headboards, store-bought, and other types of DIY (I even considered using large frames, hanging a runner rug, or even installing Platta flooring from Ikea on the wall).

Keeping in mind that I don't want to spend a lot of money, which option do you like the best?

5 comments:

  1. Personally, I would go with the upholstered or door one. I'm not a huge fan of the painted on version. When we fix up our guestroom, we'll be doing an upholstered one so that has my vote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upholstered is easy to DIY too (well, getting the supplies isnt as easy without a car, but its do-able if I bribe people)

      Delete
  2. I also like the door option. If the upper ledge is 3" wide or so, you could also put some small flower boxes on it. Bring some nature into your bedroom.

    Another idea is to use a small window-paned french door and mount photographas behind the glass. Really personalize the headboard (doorboard?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the upholstered look... but I think your dad's idea with the photographs is great!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover